Tuesday 5 April 2011

Reviewed: Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara

What they say
'False Lash Effect Fusion combines Max Factor’s biggest ever volumising brush with its latest lengthening formula to create thicker and longer lashes. For those girls who want an extreme lash look, they’ve come to the right place'
What I say
Packaging
The mascara comes in a chunky purple plastic tube with silver lettering. I really like how its bright without being tacky looking.


The only downside is that 'chunky' takes up a lot of space. My make up bag won't close properly with this in it :-\

Product
The brush is the same as the one from Max Factor's False Effect mascara which for reference is huge and fat with short plastic bristles and its the brush which creates volume for your lashes. The lengthening element comes courtesy of an innovative formula that contains the same nylon fibres found in lash extensions.


Application wise, I'm not used to such a large brush and personally found this one cumbersome and awkward to use, especially for little corner lashes. It did however apply the mascara evenly and separated lashes along the way so there were no clumps in sight.

Results
Here are the pictures of the mascara in action....

Bare eye (except for a bit of eyeshadow!)

One coat

Two coats

Three coats
The brush doesn't pick up much formula which meant I needed 3 coats to get a look I was happy with. Having said that you do get a quite big deposit of product on the tip of the brush which tended to catch my nose! It didn't smudge but did get a bit dry and flaky by the end of the day. 

Price
£11.99 from Boots.

Would I repurchase?
I'm not likely to purely because I prefer medium brushes and don't think I could get used to one of this size.

Would I recommend?
If you like chubby brushes then this is definitely worth a try as the formula and application are both great.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. hmmm it gives you good length for the price but I definetely think it pays to spend more on mascara!!

    ReplyDelete