Wednesday 6 October 2010

Reviewed: Lush Jungle Conditioner

I first encountered Lush's solid shampoo bars a few years ago when I went backpacking and whilst browsing their online shop a few weeks ago, my attention was well and truly grabbed by the Jungle solid conditioner.

What they say....
"Containing 5 different fruits, Jungle feels different on your hair from liquid conditioner; until you wash it off, you hardly notice it's there. It smoothes and detangles, leaving a fruitily scented coat of shininess. Smooth it along the length of your hair from root to tip, then rinse out."

What I say....

Packaging Erm well like many Lush products there isn't really any other than the bit of cellophane it came wrapped in. Storage is a bit of a problem as you can't just leave it in the shower or on the side of the bath like other conditioners (unless you want to be greeted by something that resembles this on your next trip to the loo!) I tended to just pat mine dry and pop it on the bathroom shelf safely out of water's reach.


Product Poor Jungle is a also bit of an ugly duckling - its an insipid shade of green and the texture reminds of a cross between a crumbly block of cheese and good-old homemade soap where your gran - in her aim to save the household pennies - sticks all the little dregs from different bars together! There are no instructions included but one of the website reviews suggests soaking a small chunk in a pot of warm shower water whilst you shampoo so that its soft and easy to apply. Unfortunately I couldn't quite master the 'hot water to chunk size' ratio and ended up dissolving it entirely so in the end I took to just rubbing a small piece between my hands until it looked like this...


...and then just smoothed it onto my hair.

Results I really wanted to like Jungle as the quirky application is quite fun but unfortunately the formula just wasn't rich enough to condition the dry ends of my hair. I had to resort to some leave-in conditioner just to get the comb through. However all is not lost as I discovered that Jungle makes an awesome shave gel and the formula is moisturising enough to leave my legs and underarm skin lovely & soft:)

Price £4.20 for 100g

Would I repurchase? Possibly if I was in Lush buying something else anyway but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick this up.

Would I recommend? Yes if your hair doesn't need much conditioning (or if you're in the market for some "fancy-but-gross-looking-and-tricky-to-store" shave gel!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment