Saturday 26 March 2011

Beauty Symmetry

For quite a few years beauty experts have been claiming that the key to attractiveness is a symmetrical face and now there's an app which allows you to see what you'd look like if your mug was fully symmetrical! Its called Echoism and is free to download (at least it is on Apple's app store!)

To test your facial symmetry you start by taking a pic with your phone's camera. The image is then split & each side is used to create two separate and symmetrical faces! Here's my attempt....

So does symmetry = beauty? I actually found the results quite thought provoking. Neither of the symmetrical faces really looks like me - for reference this is me in my normal unsymmetrical state.....!


Its hard to say that you'd be beautiful if you were 'symmetrical' because if you were symmetrical you simply wouldn't be you!

Let me know if you give the app a go - would love to know what you think of it!

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. I've always heard this but I've never quite believed it. For me, your "unsymmetrical" face looks much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so beautiful! I agree, symmetry is not everything- even Marilyn Monroe has a beauty mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Thedreamsofanizzyinabigwildworld:) its a bit mind-hurty isn't it!

    @ Anna Elizabeth thank you! I think I actually prefer it too :)

    @ Val that's a very good point! unsymmetrical rocks!

    ReplyDelete