Thursday 20 January 2011

♥ Twenty Things ♥

Before starting allthingsbloggedandbeautiful I was a serial blog stalker for almost a year and soon realised that my favourites were the ones where the blogger's personality really shone through.

On that note I thought I'd share a little bit about me...so I started with the usual 'I'm Rachael, I'm 27...' and then I figured it might be more fun to post 20 little facts about me. So here goes!

1 I'm a northern lass at heart (Manchester born & bred to be precise) but have lived in Bucks/Berks for the last five years after trotting down South in pursuit of a boy. Said boy is long gone but I stayed anyway!

2 My middle name is Louise

3 The boyf and I are an online dating success story - we met on Match.com just over 3 years ago

Andy and Me

4 I work as an HR Manager...a.k.a hiring, firing, tea & tissues!

5 I've done a skydive

6 I have a dent in my skull from where I ran into a wall when I was 6 :-(

7 If I wasn't working in HR I'd like to be (in no particular order) a midwife, a wedding planner or a forensic scientist

8 I really want a tattoo

9 I will never get a tattoo because I'm so particular (aka fussy) and won't be able decide what the hell I want one of

10 My most starstruck moment was meeting McFly in Planet Hollywood in New York
Don't they look just thrilled...!

11 I'm half Italian on my dad's side
12 I worry too much
13 I work for a chocolate company. Living the dream....of a five year old!

14 I got bitten by a spider whilst in Australia  - luckily it wasn't a poisonous one but the doc kindly advised that species tend to live in towels and linen. In other words it was probably in my bed :-(

15 I've moved house 4 times in the last 5 years. Nomadic

16 I love rollerskating


Getting my skates on..these barbie-esque ones sadly aren't actually mine though :(

17 I'm an only child but gained a step brother and sister 2 years ago when my mum remarried - instant siblings!

18 I WILL have lived abroad before I'm 30...tick tock!

19 I can only eat peas with tomato ketchup on them

20 I'm addicted to blogging....& the smell of Seche Vite :-)

Until next time,

 


  


7 comments:

  1. Dont feel bad I got stung by a wasp in my bed haha! I'd love to be able to skate but I'm like bambi on wheels my legs just go everywhere...bad times x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just awarded you the stylish blogger award, check out my blog to see
    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael,
    The picture of you and your BF is utterly adorable. I met my husband online, too. We didn't meet on an online site - it was just a regular message board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! It's awesome to get to know a little about the person behind the blog!

    Marcy,
    smudgemyeyeliner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea of being a wedding planner too- I love reading wedding blogs and seeing how people do it differently. Also VERY jealous you got to meet McFly, I'm a little bit in love with them!

    I love getting to know the person behind the blog too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely, refreshing post!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Adrienne ewww insect bed invasion is not cool! I'm ok on rollerskates but put me on an ice rink and its bambi all the way!

    @ Miss LV thank you! my first ever blog award. Whoop!

    @ lexi920 thank you! I don't know about you but I always get a great reaction when I tell people we met on the web! Yey for online romance! :)

    @ Marcy thank you - glad its helped to introduce me a little

    @ Emily Charlotte me too - wish I was brave enough to just go for it! I'm probably naive but I can't imagine it feeling like proper work! I have a huge soft spot for McFly too...going to see them in Bournemouth in March :-)

    @ KylieDee thank you! wanted to make sure there is some 'me' in my posts!

    ReplyDelete