Monday 27 December 2010

Swatched: Famous by Sue Moxley Eyeshadow Palette in Cafe Culture

Famous is a make up range created by beauty journalist and TV presenter Sue Moxley. According to her webiste the Famous collection is 'designed to give a touch of red carpet sparkle but without the A-list prices'.

The range has apparently been exclusively available in Superdrug stores since 2007 although I have to admit I haven't really noticed it until a few weekends ago when her stand caught my eye and in particular the range of eyeshadow 'collections'. The one I snapped up is called Cafe Culture - a quad palette of brown/grey metallics which set me back £9.


I haven't yet tried the palette out fully but initial impressions when I swatched them for this post are pretty impressive. The generously sized shadows are heavily pigmented and have a lovely buttery soft consistency which makes for easy blending.


Without flash

With flash
The finish on all the shadows is very shimmery which I appreciate may be a negative if you prefer to rock the natural look. I personally need quite bold eyeshadow shades to make my eyes even slightly noticeable so the shimmer levels are perfect...the darkest shade even has a gorgeous khaki green duochrome finish :) And although I probably won't use it even the applicator is pretty good quality, its made of a dense almost rubbery material rather than the usual cheap and nasty foamy sponge.

All this for only £2.25 per shadow??....Not bad going at all!

Until next time,







No comments:

Post a Comment