Thursday 30 December 2010

Reviewed: Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Bark & Maple Sugar

What they say....
"True color therapy is here. Intensive hydrating agents along with natural pigments leave lips with Long-lasting color and moisture. This luscious liquid lipstick creates wearable color that flatters a multitude of skin tones and looks"

Top - Bark
Bottom - Maple Sugar
What I say....

Packaging The see through packaging that houses these lipsticks is very Ruby and Millie-esque and is topped off with a dinky sponge applicator. However whilst twisting one of the tubes the top third of the pen popped of entirely spilling the contents everywhere  - I tried to reattach it but to no avail so Bark is sadly in the bin! I'm sure this was probably a one-off but it still sucks! :(


I also have to say that you don't get much product for your moolah - just 1.5g. Now I know I've only paid £1.50 for the blinking thing but I still feel slightly short changed, not helped by the fact that the see-through tube kindly reveals that the pen looks half empty before you even start!

Product Bark and Maple Sugar are both nudey pink/browns and are actually quite similar - the main difference is that Maple Sugar is ever so slightly shimmery whereas Bark is a flat finish. Consistency is pretty good, not too sticky although it also wears off pretty quickly so not as long-lasting as Elf claim. I can't say it felt particularly hydrating either although to be honest that's what I use lip balm for!

Bark
Maple Sugar

Price £1.50

Would I repurchase? The jury's slightly out on this one. My fave of the two shades is Maple Sugar which with its subtle shimmer, is a lovely shade for daytime wear. Neither shades are anything super spectacular though and that coupled with the packaging failure means I probably won't rush back online specifically to buy this again.

Would I recommend? Why not...for £1.50 its worth try but go easy on the twisting!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment