Tuesday 26 October 2010

Reviewed: Elf Brightening Eyecolour Quad in Butternut

What they say....
"Luxuriously smooth, corn silk formula provides eyes with a neutral base and an awakened brightness".

What I say....

Packaging Seriously no frills - lots of cheap plastic and the sponge applicator is as rubbish as you would expect. The case does feature a mirror underneath where the applicator is stored but its so tiny I can just about see one eyebrow in it!


Product Given the price I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the shadows in this quad. The pigmentation is pretty good (as the swatch pic below shows the peach shade doesn't really show up particularly well on my NC30 skin but that's fine as it makes a great, all over base colour) 

Swatched on bare skin

The texture of the shadows is also fairly smooth if a little on the chalky side and although it doesn't show in the picture, the cream and peach shades are also quite glittery. I personally don't mind a bit of shimmer in my eye make up but it may be a little too much if you're after a totally natural look.

Results The pic below shows these shadows in action and whilst I'm not sure my eye looks particularly 'brightened' as the claim suggests, I love how the colours look on. I've been wearing the quad using the peach shade all over the lid, the darkest brown shade in the outer crease and the creamy beige as a highlight. Worn over some UDPP the shadows blend well and last pretty much all day :)




Price £1.50

Would I repurchase? Absolutely - this is a great value, neutral daytime quad.

Would I recommend? Yes at £1.50 a pop you can afford not to like it!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment